About Employer Sponsored
Employer sponsored visa works two-way. It allows the Australian employers in shortage of skilled labor to sponsor specific skilled labor to serve their business needs. And, it also allows any kind of skilled labor of a foreign country to explore their employment options with Australian employers, in case they may need their skills.
Visalink Solutions facilitates visa processing for both of these two. There are almost nine types of visas if you want to work with your prospective employer. However, it is Standard Business Visas under Employer sponsored category which is more important and popular with both employers and employees.
Work Visas Australia Offers:
It is very important for both employers and employees to have a clear understanding of these laws and regulations in order to make their applications successful. A slight error there and you lose precious time and money. Even after the visa is granted there are lot of obligations that employers and employees has to follow.
If you hold 457 visa then you can only work with the employer who has sponsored you. It is the condition of this visa.
- You can enter and leave Australia as many as time as you want till your visa is valid
- Stay in Australia rightfully for the period of nominated position (with maximum stay of 2 years)
- Participate in work or activity specified in your application
- Bring eligible family members with you to Australia
- If you are applying for the visa in Australia, you should have the sponsorship of an approved temporary activities sponsor or sponsor who passes the sponsorship test.
- When applying from outside Australia, you must plans to stay in Australia for 3 months or less and have the provision of an organisation or individual undertaking events or activities in Australia who has passed the support test.
- You must be sponsored by an approved sponsor who have passed the sponsorship test
- You must have sufficient financial support and health insurance to cover the costs for you and your family for the duration of stay in Australia
- You must have fulfilled the criteria of the activity you have been participating under this visa
You can only sponsor someone for this visa if you are:
- An Australian organisation (a business, a corporate or incorporate body or a non-profit organisation operating legitimately in Australia)
- A government agency or a state or territory government established legally in Australia
- A foreign government agency (foreign tourists and media bureaus, consular or diplomatic mission and trade offices) lawfully operating a business in Australia
- An organisation, a foreign government agency or a government agency endorsing sports or sports events legally in Australia
- A religious foundation recognised as a charity by the Australian Tax office
- Registered in another country but have a legal business in Australia
- Captain or proprietor of super yacht or the organisation that operates a super yacht.
- Proof of health or health examinations
- Police certificates that show you have no criminal records
You must have evidence of your financial capacity with your visa application. This includes:
- Bank Statements or a letter from the financial institutions
- Employment contract
- Allowances, accommodation and the other assistance from the sponsored employer in Australia
You must be covered by Medicare health scheme if your country does not have a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.
You must demonstrate your functional English proficiency with
- Overall band score of 4.5 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or
- 32 in TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- 30 in PTE (Pearson Test of English)
The delegate may also consider information that may be either beneficial or unfavourable to the applicant, such as:
- The applicant’s circumstances in their home country. This may include their personal circumstances such as their current employment, family situation, future prospects, and general circumstances of their country, e.g. civil unrest, economic strife or famine;
- Whether the position has been created to secure the person’s stay in Australia. Delegates should assess whether family members, the applicant’s community etc. have created the position to fit the attributes of the particular person;
- The personal attributes and vocational or employment background of the applicant and their ability to undertake the position. Factors to consider are the applicant’s current occupation, current skill level and whether they have undertaken the same or similar work in Australia or overseas
- The applicant’s proficiency in English is consistent with their supported activities (although applicants are not required to undertake English language testing, however if they are to work in Australia that at least a rudimentary knowledge of English should be expected).
The validity of the Temporary Activity Visa depends on the activity you been approved for:
- For Invited Participant activity and the Australian Government Endorsed activity, the visa can be valid up to 4 years.
- For rest of the activities, the visa can be valid up to 2 years.
You can include your family members in your application:
- However, if you are sponsored and intend to stay in Australia for more than 3 months, you must have a written statement on hand from your sponsor agreeing to sponsor your family members.
- If you want further assistance on this subclass or determine your eligibility, book a consultation with our migration expert today!